This is the week where Everything Changes.
It started off fairly innocently--I went in for a routine doctor's appointment (37 weeks today!) only to be told that our baby (who has always been on the small side) is now officially medically small and that our doctor recommends inducing him next week.
Woah.
This shouldn't be a big deal. I mean, I've had nine months to prepare myself for this. David and I had a whole summer off from school to prepare for this blessed event and get everything in order. But somehow I still thought we had a small eternity left to get everything totally ready, and now I'm looking at the calendar and thinking six days.
David, characteristically, is taking everything in stride; he sees this as a wonderful opportunity because he'll have a week with me and the baby before school starts. I, characteristically, have thrown myself into full-blown panic mode and have taken to writing exhaustive to-do lists and such cheerful things in my planner as "Last Date in Forever" for our Friday night outing.
And did I mention that we're moving on Tuesday? Yes, as in the Tuesday before the Wednesday we go to the hospital to have our baby. That Tuesday.
Life doesn't get more exciting than this!
No comments:
Post a Comment